Reading Notes: The King's White Elephant

 The King's White Elephant

by Ellen C. Babbitt

I chose another story by Ellen C. Babbitt because I really like her writing style and how she manages to fit so much information and emotion in such a short version of the story.

I am going to take notes on my thoughts as I read through the story, incase there is a plot twist. I want to record how I was thinking before I know what happens.

The carpenters cut trees down every day, I wonder if this will create problems later in the story.

When the elephant came by the men immediately helped it, the elephant had a splinter in it's foot so maybe it came from the trees they cut down.

The elephant wants to return the favor, even though the splinter could have come from the carpenters.

The elephant then became a helper to the carpenters and did everything to help them.

The carpenters took care of the elephant in return, it was a good relationship.

The elephant had a gorgeous white son, which he brought to help the carpenters after he no longer could.

Now the son helped the carpenters, and the carpenters took care of him as well.

The elephant son and the carpenters' children played together and became friends.

The king saw the elephant and bought him from the carpenters, the white elephant had to say goodbye to his friends (this is so so sad).

However, the king took care of the elephant and loved him for the rest of his life.

The white elephant


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a dog lover without a plan

Week 2 Story: Perception vs. Reality