Reading notes: Jataka Tales Part A

 The Golden Goose

By Ellen C. Babbitt

This story opened really well to set up the characters and their situations, I also really enjoyed the pictures and the way they looked. They were silhouette pictures with the matching background of the website, it looked really cool!

I really like how the goose immediately thought of how to help the family, without knowing them. I will want to use something like that in one of my stories.

"So away the Goose flew" I am not sure how to describe this but I love the way the author worded this action.

I also like the theme of giving without the expectation of receiving.

It makes me so sad to think the mother felt the need to take everything from the goose out of fear from not having the comfort of the goose always returning.

I like that the daughters did not want to take from the goose.

However, it did not matter. The mother's fear of not being able to care for her daughters overcame right and wrong. The mother did what she felt she needed to do for her family, without thinking about how it hurt the goose.

The goose never returned. I wish in the story the mother realized she should not have stolen all of the goose feathers and apologized and they could have mended their friendship.

Goose on the way to help


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a dog lover without a plan

Week 2 Story: Perception vs. Reality