Microfiction: Two Psychic Stories

 I was in bed late one night and for some reason, could not fall asleep. I have a deep fear of spiders, I mean really deep. I am laying in my bed when a frightening thought popped into my head. "A spider is going to fall from the ceiling." I frantically get up, turn on my lights, and start observing the ceiling but see nothing. Then I hear my mother scream and my father ask, "What is wrong?" She replies, "A spider just fell from the ceiling! I sat in shock.

One time I was dating a guy who had not met my parents yet. My parents were visiting me one weekend and I was excited to introduce him. I went to dinner with my parents one night and a scene popped into my head. In the scene I was in the parking lot next to my house with my parents and we ran into the man I was dating. I giggled and thought how funny. We left the restaurant and sure enough, I see him walking through the parking lot we were in.

Author's note: I did not have inspiration for these stories because they happened to me! Not in the same way I told them, my thoughts never came true but I did think, "How funny would it be if these things actually happened!" So I thought they would be perfect for little microfictions.

Psychic Powers


Comments

  1. Hey Jessica! I love stories about the supernatural or metaphysical, so your two psychic stories were very fun to read. I also have a very terrible fear of spiders. I once woke up with a huge spider crawling up my head board and I absolutely lost it. I cannot do spiders. Stories about premonitions are always so interesting. There is something about being able to predict or know what happens before it does. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! Cool story! One thing that I might encourage you to do is go through and re-read your story checking for verb tense. You switch a lot between past and present tense in you story (this is something that I also do all the time, hence why I am primed to check for it......). I think if you just change a couple of these verbs the story will flow much more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a dog lover without a plan

Week 2 Story: Perception vs. Reality