Week 2 Reading Overview

 I will be reading the Tiny Tales version of Ramayana for many reasons! First, it was written by Laura Gibbs, my professor, and designed for this course so I was immediately attracted to it. Then I went to explore the book, which had a plethora of different ways to read the book. I chose the website due to the use of pictures and the easy navigation. 

Comic books explored:

1) Ravana Humbled

http://ackguide.blogspot.com/2015/05/guide-ravana-humbled.html

    I love stories about learning and individual growth because they show how humans are supposed to develop. We shouldn't shame people for wanting to grow, and not everyone has the same path because we all learn through different experiences. I enjoyed the Wikipedia links included on the page that helped you learn more about the characters in the stories!

2) Mahiravana

http://ackguide.blogspot.com/2015/05/guide-mahiravana.html

    I chose this story because I enjoy stories on how to out-smart others in simple ways like one acting like they do not know how to bow to catch their opponent in a vulnerable position. I know I will most likely never be caught in a situation like this but these stories promote a new way of thinking. 

Video playlists explored:

1) Symbols of Divinity | EPIFIED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha_Sj2EUAn4&list=PLrWYQjLLbXcie5DuhgxacocxvQp_5pNIX&index=4&ab_channel=Epified

    I chose this video to watch because it included various gods and goddesses and their symbols of divinity. I thought it would be a good way to become familiar with various symbols that could have importance in the stories I read.

2) Ancient Technology - Atlantis and India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhmxLXZB7Rc&list=PLrWYQjLLbXcie5DuhgxacocxvQp_5pNIX&index=6&ab_channel=Epified

    This video goes over how ancient Indians knew advanced science through various stories that hint to in-vitro fertilization and atomic weapons. The video also made a connection between extraterrestrial beings and the gods and goddesses in Indian Epic stories. 


Arjuna at Draupadi's Swayamara


    I chose this picture because I find it incredible that someone can carve this into stone. The way the stone has such smooth edges and very detailed clothing and jewelry must be very hard to do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a dog lover without a plan

Week 2 Story: Perception vs. Reality