Learning Challenge: Get some sleep people!

 Source: Yes, Your Sleep Schedule is Making You Sick

I have always known that lack of sleep can damage your immune system and mental health so I decided to look into this article. This article did not touch on the effect of sleep on your immune system as much but focused more on mental health. I learned that your circadian rhythm can have a great impact on hormones released in your body, which can greatly effect one's daily life. Even traveling to a different time zone can have a great effect on your circadian rhythm. Light is a huge factor in your body knowing it is time to wake up as well.

Recently, I have had trouble falling asleep at night which in turn creates great difficulty waking up the next morning. I found a new technique that I will try this week to see if I can get a better sleep schedule. The article suggested taking melatonin supplements at night to help my body understand that it is time to sleep, and I need to take out light before I sleep (ex: no phone, no tv, no computer). This could be difficult for me because I tend to use the background noise from the TV to help me sleep. In the morning, I will open my blinds when I wake up so that light can enter my room and alert my brain that it is time to start the day! I am excited to try these techniques, and I will add a comment to my blog to let everyone know how/if these techniques help my sleep schedule!

Get up and get active!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a dog lover without a plan

Week 2 Story: Perception vs. Reality