Time Strategies

 1) How to Beat Procrastination - Carol Webb

https://hbr.org/2016/07/how-to-beat-procrastination

    This article had a lot of good strategies on how to approach procrastination. One thing mentioned in the article is telling people your plan of accomplishing something. This has been a great technique I've used to confront procrastination. I even text my friends my plan sometimes and it always helps me start my task. A new technique I will try from this article was described as removing the hidden blockage. I often almost start tasks multiple times throughout the day, just opening my computer and staring at the screen for hours. I have never asked myself why I would do that, and I'm sure I will learn more about myself if I do.

2) Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination 

https://lifehacker.com/four-questions-to-help-you-overcome-procrastination-

    These questions were in some ways similar to the first article but gave a distinct system to help overcome procrastination. One of my favorite questions was "How can I make this easier?" This can be a good way to approach a task and starting with something more comfortable and using it to stair-step your task in a way. The best question for myself is "What one thing can I do to get started?" This is a great way for me to avoid procrastination because the hardest thing for me to do is start. Every time I start a task I can easily continue it and work hard but I always have so much trouble just starting. This is a funny situation because I normally end up enjoying most things I do, but have so much trouble just starting!


You have to start somewhere!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a dog lover without a plan

Week 2 Story: Perception vs. Reality