Growth Mindset

 I have hear similar opinions to the "Growth Mindset" but I first learned about Carol Dweck and her opinions today. Her opinion that applauding students when things are easy can be detrimental to learning. It really does make students feel like things should be easy for them if they are smart, and that they are not performing well when things are not easy. I find myself with doubt when I am challenged on any type of schoolwork, and feel less worthy when it is not easy for me. When I first heard similar opinions to Carol Dweck, I started re-thinking the way I approach a challenge. For example, when I encounter something difficult I literally say out loud "you do not have to be perfect, you're still learning just keep trying." This may seem very silly but it has done wonders for my learning abilities. I will try my best not to get discouraged in classes this semester, I am a little overwhelmed that it is my last semester, I'm in 18hrs, I still have to find time for work, and I have to find a job for after graduation. Every day I tell myself that I have good motivation and I am a hard worker and that I do not have to perfectly execute everything, as long as I always give it my best shot! I am super excited to learn more about growth mindset and how it can start helping me with the way I view learning and life.

Never Give Up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a dog lover without a plan

Week 2 Story: Perception vs. Reality